March 30, 2015

Cinderella, a Quilt Show and My Novel

Yesterday was great :D I went to this quilt and antique show in my town in upstate NY. The quilts were pretty new and awesomely colorful. The antiques though... ahhh history is brilliant! There was a phonograph from 1900, a 1940s hat, a 1950s hat, WWII medals and photos, WWI era dresses and jackets- and there was a railroad car from the 1880s!! Sadly I couldn't go inside but I could look inside. Old cramped bedrooms and bathrooms... it was interesting.

After that, I went to the new live-action movie of Cinderella. I usually don't like these kinds of movies, but it was actually very good. The acting was great, and the animations as well. I like how they didn't make Cinderella a weak "damsel in distress" if you know what I mean. And the message it added, "Have courage and be kind." was a nice touch too.

And before the movie started, there was a Frozen short called Frozen Fever. Sooo cute!! In case you don't know the plot, it's Anna's birthday and Elsa is trying to make it as perfect as possible. "Making Today a Perfect Day" was stuck in my head for the most of yesterday. Now I have *surprise* Buffy score songs in my head like "Sacrifice" from the episode The Gift, and the Once More With Feeling soundtrack is still in my head too. Here's "Sacrifice" which is guaranteed to make you cry if you're a Buffy fan and gah know what happens:



Anywho, I'm almost done for real with that chapter four! I even have been working on it *gasp* I'll add a part of it that I thought was random and funny xD It's three Reptilians, or reptile humanoids, the antagonists in my novel, arguing in a lair in Ilusions, Inc. (where Gwen's dad works) disguised as scientists. Well, it's mainly two of them that don't agree too well: 

"Mm mm mm- as you walk on by, will you call my name? Da da da!"
"Shut up Craig!" The other scientist besides him moaned. It looked like the guy Lyra had been chasing. "Honestly! How can you even enjoy these meaningless sound frequencies the humans so adore? Are you a human, Craig? Because I'm starting to think you are."
"No, no, I'm not! I like Simple Minds and uh the Ramones, ok? Is that so bad? I'm not even breaking the code, are I?”
“This,” Another, taller scientist stepped between them. “Is a place of secrecy. Do you want the whole building to know about us? The plan is so close to being finished, and you chatterboxes might as well ruin it with your ongoing arguments!”
“We apologize, mister. We did not intend to be so loud.”
“We?! You mean you ‘did not intend to be so loud’. Go apologize, Craig.”
“No, Hector. I shall not apologize when it is you that needs to do so.”
“Your scales are showing Craig! Scaly Craig, scaly Craig- it is your fault!”
“What did I just say?” The taller scientist spat in their faces. “Do you two listen to a word your leaders say?”
“Of- of course! We are terribly sorry, mister.”
“Actually- oof!” Craig jabbed Hector in the stomach. “Yes, we are terribly sorry.”

I have a weird sense of humor, don't I? I was cracking up at this for awhile last night xD If you get the references, I applaud you.

I think it's ok if I make a post on the Father-Daughter Dance I went to with a pic, right? I'm thinking of getting an Instagram to promote my art and maybe novel and to connect with peeps I haven't seen in awhile so yeah pictures of me and all will be on there. (Man it's hard to concentrate with Lego Star Wars on) So yup. I think that's all, mis amigos. Bye-o~

1 comment:

  1. "Honestly! How can you even enjoy these meaningless sound frequencies the humans so adore?"
    *completely rethinks what music actually is*
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete