March 7, 2015

Sledding ^-^

This weekend I'm up at my vacation house in upstate NY. Once I was done doing a really long social studies project and English homework, and done playing Crossy Road *cough* I went sledding down our driveway. It's pretty long for a driveway, being around 120 meters. And perfectly steep for sledding, I must say. Here's a photo of it:
It was all icy too :D
I kept going down the driveway until I lost count of how many times I went down. Some rides I went on my stomach, like you're supposed to, and others I went on my back, which I tended to get farther down the driveway with. The farthest I got was the end of the driveway up to the mailbox! One of the most memorable rides, though, was when I crashed into an ice boulder and it sent me flying. I rolled down th hill a little bit up to the fifth or sixth pine tree on the right side. That sure hurt, but it was fun xD

Besides going down the driveway, I also went near the machine shop (where my dad keeps the tractor for mowing) and the snow plow that goes to our house has packed a lot of snow near the garage door. There's about two feet of it xD I walked through it and it went over my knee! When I got to the top, it felt like I was seven foot haha. Then I walked down and sighed, because I am 5'3 1/2 in real life. Ok, not so bad, I know. My brother's still taller than me though grrr

Anywho, it's just so nice and peaceful up here compared to the suburbs. Chickadees are chirping and snow gently falling with the fire on inside...

I think I should write more of that chapter four. I sort of messed up in the middle of it darn. For now I'll have some bread, waiting for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun! (๑>ᴗ<๑) Sledding is the best - it feels like flying!
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete