March 24, 2015

New Books Yay!!

Super excited about the books I got in the mail yesterday! Trying to go through them slow, as they are comic books. I don't usually read comics, but these ones are good. Trust me.


Bone: Tall Tales is super-duper good, especially if you're a Bone fan. If you're not, go read it. Just go. Tall Tales takes place after the Bone series when the Bone cousins, Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, and Smiley Bone get back to Boneville. Sadly, no there are no pictures of Boneville. Smiley and his rat creature friend, Bartleby, bring three Bones to go out camping in the forest, and there Smiley Bone tells tales, like Phoney and Fone Bone following a treasure map to somewhere trying to get out of laundry duties at Gran'ma Ben's, and many Big Johnson Bone stories, the founder of Boneville.

I haven't finished it yet, but let me tell ya. Johnson Bone is a bit wacked xD And, of course, his tales are a bit tall, but entertaining no matter. Again, I definitely recommend this to a Bone fan. I didn't realize how much I missed the Bone cousins when I opened this. I mean, I have the whole volume of Bone (1332 pages whaaat) but I've been reading other books and have forgotten it on my book pile on my chair. I should really clean that up sometime :| 

So yup. Go read this. Love Bone. Cry over Bone. Live Bone. (I know barely anyone has heard of it that I know of sadly. Bone needs to live on in generations to come!)


Yep, I got a Spike comic. I couldn't resist. Apparently it takes place during season 9 whoops spoilers. Not so much though. But gahhh the illustrations are amazing! And I can practically hear Spike talking through the pages! So heh the summary: **SPOILERS**

Spike's ready for a vacation from everything, mostly his life, and, well, Buffy the vampire slayer. So he hitches a ride on a spaceship with bug aliens. Yup, that was pretty weird. But I got used to them. They're actually funny, and they worship Spike as their leader xD So anyway, he's headed to the moon for the heck of it until he's stopped by some demons looking for Sunnydale. And then people from Spike's past pop up, and a new demon girl Morgan tempts him to move on from Buffy. 

*internal screaming* No no no no. I'm a hard shipper for Spuffy (and Bangel, pretty much equally but at the moment my Spuffy feels are high) so I have to say I reaaaally don't like Morgan. I mean, she's a good character, I give her credit for that. But her with Spike?! Nah. Nope. Nada. Anywho, I recommend this if you've finished Buffy already or hey even if you're not it's still awesome :D

So those were my two comic books! Cool to the beans indeed, fellow friends. What do you think of them? You guys gonna check them out? Or you think they're stupid :O They're not, though. Like I said, trust me. When Kyra says a book is good, it is. It just is. 

I'm working on some art this week too, so be patient peeps! Here's a gif to say good-bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment