September 3, 2014

Summer Days Past

My vacation house's front lawn. Sigh. I want to go back up there and read in the big 300 year old tree just thinking about it.
How the summer has gone by! I could've sworn it was the end of July or the middle of August. Now, September 3rd?! Gah! And I start school tomorrow, already?!

This summer was great and I really wish I could slow down time some more to make summer stay. I loved the remainder of June that I had and Camp NaNoWriMo during July. Seeing cool movies in my family's new basement at the vacation house was awesome too and felt like we were in a theater. The Jimmy Buffett concert at Bethel Woods was a thrill, seeing all those crazy parrotheads and going to the exclusive Beatles Experience. Even took a picture of an old cutout of the Beatles with it :D And even just quiet afternoons were nice, with nothing to worry about really. Just getting up and writing each day...Then August came and I got to go to Long Beach Island and enjoy the waves and at night playing Headsup competitively and watching the 70s movie Scavenger Hunt. When it was finally time to go, we soon had friends come over to the vacation house and that was tons of fun. We all did archery, played games like Catchphrase and Headsup (both very addicting games) and explored our property. My brother, my two friends and I discovered quite a few frogs and even a salamander! And mapped out the property for hiding places and paths for a man hunt that may or may not come soon with all of our friends. We also went to the Delaware County Fair and went on cool rides like the swings, Enterprise where you stick to the walls while it's spinning, Tornado while you spin the four seater while it spins, and lots of others. The animals there were neat as well, and my dad took a video of goat "talking" towards us xD Then we all went to our first Demolition Derby. Wow. It was incredible! The car art was nice, but the smashing cars was intense. There was even a huge fire for a few minutes from a punctured gas tank. Yeah. It was pretty long though so we had to leave at around 9:30 otherwise it would go until midnight.

After they left the next day, I realized how quite it was without visitors. Much less... excitement. That soon ended when my family and I went to a friend's lake house and went night swimming! Well, me, my brother and my friend Kayleigh anyway. The water was warm and going underwater was a favorite as well as the strange jumps into the lake we came up with. The day after we went to see the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie since it was rainy. Pretty good actually.

Everything has gone by in a blur. Me getting into Avatar: The Last Airbender, the rave party at the vacation house that we thought was going to turn out horribly, watching I Love Lucy, exploring the forest, going to sleepovers and reading tons of books... I'm sad to see it go.

Maybe I'm wrong about this year in school. 8th grade shouldn't be that hard. I hope. Earth Science sounds and looks interesting. I don't know what to expect this year, really.

But I do know I'm going to be working on my novel no matter what stands in the way. In a few weeks or so I'm going to start posting videos on my YouTube for The Illusion. Maybe, soon enough, I can get it out there and published in bookstores! That is my dream this year or the next. ...First, to finish it.

Well, peeps, it's been a spectacular summer! Don't worry, I'll keep posting my thoughts and sneak peaks, just not as much. I think I can post at least once a week now due to schoolwork and cross country. See ya soon on here and YouTube :D

2 comments:

  1. Ooookkkaaaayyy, I am officially envious. First off, you have a vacation house. That's awesome. Period. Secondly, your vacation house seems pretty beautiful! Large property, climbing trees, lots of room for running around. And your summer sounds like a blast! Mine was quite dull in comparison. School, tv, a bit of reading, writing, and that was about it.
    I Love Lucy. One of the best TV shows to hit air, along with Avatar: The Last Airbender. Merlin, and Top Gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd get a vacation house if you asked me last year! I'm really grateful for it, even if we may have to do a lot of work for it like cutting back branches, mowing the property and painting around the house a ton. The summer was great, it just went by too quick darn.
      And now I have to go to school! Last year of middle school already o.O Hope it's a good one...

      Delete