September 17, 2014

Sneak Peak Number Five ((And 3D Printing))

It's that novel related time again! It's about time for me to post another sneak peak. So here it be:

Beep! Beep! The maroon minivan's car horn got Gwen's attention immediately. She swiveled her head until she spotted her dad's car behind some other cars passing by.

"Hey, you know what day it is?" Mr. Blackwell said. He cupped one ear with his hand, the other on the wheel as the engine rumbled.

"I don't know, what day is it?" Gwen replied back. It was practically impossible for her to hide her smile.

"Hump day! Which just so happens to also be the day when my presentation starts!" He winked and shot his free hand into the air, pumping a fist.

"Hump daaaay!" She shouted, opening the sliding door. Just when her thoughts had moved long away from the subject, she caught a glimpse of the same girl in the corner of her eye. She turned around, only to see a few fallen leaves scuttle across the now empty sidewalk.

Gwen blinked, confused at the matter. She decided to shrug it off. The girl probably left when she wasn't looking, that was the only explanation that came to mind. She could not have just vanished. She wished, for an instant, that that could be possible. But as far as she knew and what her dad told her, stuff like that only happened in stories.

I wish my life was a story worth telling. Gwen thought. She ducked into the minivan, the door locking silently behind her.

This is a draft for my first chapter as I'm still rewriting it for the seventh time :P Ok, slight exaggeration but you get my drift. I really like how this is going so far and the 100 words for 100 days challenge it helping a ton! Tell me what you peeps think in the comments!

And, like the title says, I shall add a 3D printing thing I got made at my school. For those who don't know, you can 3D print with the help of a 3D printer (like from the company MakerBot that my school has). There's this website called Thingiverse where people design things for just that, and I picked out an Ood from the show Doctor Who. Here it be:
I was originally going to do it in blue, but it was out. Still looks pretty rad.
Pretty cool, right? Big and mini Ood. Planning to print a baby Groot next since I am such a Guardians of the Galaxy geek and maybe paint it to look more tree like. Anywho, that's all I can think of for now, peeps! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment