February 17, 2015

Anya's Ghost Review

I got this on Sunday at Barnes & Noble, meaning to get some Doctor Who comic or Buffy. I was browsing in the graphic novel section when the name Anya caught my attention since Anya is in Buffy so heh I picked it up. And of course I instantly bought it. I've read it almost three times now and counting! So, the review:

Anya's start to the day so far has been a pain. Her crush is with somebody else, she's sick of the same, greasy Russian food her mom gives her, self-conscious of her body and is sick of her friend Siobhan. She's so lost in her thoughts that she doesn't even notice the old well until she falls into it. There, she meets a 90-year-old ghost named Emily who had fallen in during WWI. Emily follows her to the surface when she accidentally scoops a piece of her bone into her bag (she can't go far from where her bones are) and Emily is all too happy to help Anya with her problems and be her friend. But as things get out of hand, Anya realizes her new friend isn't what she seems.

So, you still might be wondering why I read this so many times. Well, Anya is a very relatable as a character, as she does not fit in to the crowd so easily and like a lot of teens, and is self-conscious. I sure am, acne wise anyway :P The situations she gets into are relatable too, though I haven't been in many of them since she's in high school, and I'm almost in high school.

I definitely recommend it for anyone who loves a good comic that's spooky, quirky and lovable. Also, fans of Smile and Sisters will most likely enjoy it :) Now go to a bookstore, comic bookstore or the internet and buy it! You know it's awesome if it's coming from Kyra Lyn Moss, right? You might not really now me, but still. Trust me on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment