July 28, 2014

Another Adventure :P

So, my family and I finally got this thing sorted out after a day or two. Thing, you're asking? Oh. Forgot to mention. My vacation house was rented out for two days. We said only up to six people could come. Well. My dad checks the camera we have installed up there the day after, like he sometimes does, just to make sure everything's all right. Most of the time it is. Some snow or rain is nice to know. This time it was entirely different. Instead of one or two cars like we expected from the renters, nine or ten were on the camera screen. Twelve, actually, since we couldn't see all of the cars. Solo cups, beer caps and napkins littered the driveway. College kids went in and out casually. I later found out there were seventy-three of them. Insane. (There were originally six but word got out real fast overnight and it became a party house.) So my dad called our friends upstate since we weren't there and he went up himself to clean some stuff up. Thanks to our friends, the college kids cleaned up all the messes they had made, beer stains and cigarettes and all. Great. We even forgot to put away the Nerf guns in the baskets where we usually keep sports stuff so they were shooting each other with darts, some found on the property. Ugh. It's all gone now thankfully, though the one thing they damaged was the door knob lock of my bedroom and tore it off the wall. What an adventure my life is, hurrah.

The good news was that instead of worrying about it all day like I had been, staring at the camera screen, I got to go out to lunch with my aunt, uncle and brother where of course I had a Belgian waffle with whipped cream. Why not? Then we all went to a nearby farmer's market and had snickerdoodles and Italian ice with live music by a talented eleven-year-old singing Lean On Me. Soon after we hung out at their place and talked and then went to a really big Barnes & Noble, the kind with a café and two floors. Not like the kind in NY, at least as far as I know of! I got The Promise graphic novel for Avatar The Last Airbender which I am rereading for the third time :D My brother got Avatar: The Lost Adventures with cute, funny comics of the gang. And soon (eh probably not soon) I'll be getting the next book after The Promise- The Search! Fangirling so much right now. Though Amazon says I won't get it until the 1st-18th .___. Really, Amazon? You've sent much faster deliveries than that. Oh well.

As for my novel, I'll be surpassing my 20k goal tomorrow, that is, if I write 2k. Soon I'll have to be advertising and stuff... wow. Pretty exciting after working with this novel for almost ten months! More sneak peaks may be posted... ;-) Stay tuned my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment