April 12, 2015

Gravity Falls Hurray

Over the past few days I have gotten into Gravity Falls. And I regret nothing whatsover.

If you haven't watched it, go do so. It really is an awesome show!! I have to admit though, when I first saw commercials when it aired back in 2012, I thought it was another stupid show to avoid and turn mute on for the commercials. WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME

Gravity Falls, in case you don't know, is a Disney show by Alex Hirsch (who is a total genius) about two twins, Dipper and Mabel Pines, who are sent to their Grunkle Stan for the summer by their parents, all electronics taken away. Which actually isn't so bad because of the people they meet and the things they do. And the mysteries to be solved...

So I got caught up within four days. I know, you're going to say that's "unhealthy". Well, Gravity Falls is not unhealthy, that's for sure. Even when I watch it at night and it keeps me awake, heck, I don't even feel that tired.


Also, I think I maaaay have improved on my art-ing because of this show. Just saying.

(Words for self-esteem unit in health class.)
Wendy and Bill
WIP of the original mystery twins. Spoilers, I know. But hey. You should be caught up by now *eye twitches*
And there will be more fan art to come, especially of Stanford and Stanley :D That last episode, Not What He Seems- probably the best episode ever to come to Gravity Falls. Things like these made it the best: **SPOILERS** mwa haha

I AM THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION
This scene D,: *goes to rewatch it*
Oh and foreshadowing LIKE A BOSS
And this fan art by kiki-kat on deviantart and tumblr... classic.


Probably can't get it on a t-shirt, sadly, so I shall make my own with zazzle :D Starting with that WIP Stanford and Stanley... (Oh and if his brother's name isn't Stanley I will be even more surprised than I was at the end of Not What He Seems.) 

Hang in there peeps! Episode 12 in the summer... *cries inside*

2 comments:

  1. We all have that one tv show that we find and then watch an insane amount of episodes in a short period of time so that we can catch up. I don't know how many times I've tried to convince myself I could watch a 45 minute episode in 20 minutes. xD
    Gravity Falls is the absolute most fantastic show on the entire Disney Channel. Scratch that - all of cartoon history. :D I'm so glad you like it. I can't wait to talk more about it with you!! :3
    Also, this hiatus is legitimately going to be the death of me. >_>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the times I've convinced myself 45 minutes isn't a lot. And hey, 20 minutes, I can watch tons *watches hours* Whoops.
      Gravity Falls is something I think about all the time now and what fan art I can do. (Getting an art tablet, a Wacom!! Yes!!) It is, by far, my favorite cartoon ever. And I'd love to talk about it more with ya!
      I told my mom it doesn't come back until June, which is forever to me, and she said that was barely any time at all. Well, it feels super long :| Hiatuses are hard to get through, especially when all your other shows are on hiatuses. Gah D8

      Delete