June 27, 2014

Summer Vacation: Rides Galore

The Delaware County Fair with just some of the rides I've been on
Officially, finally, summer has arrived!! Though I counted the last few days as no school because I just had to go in for two hours or so. New York is crazy, oh well :P Now that it's summer, I can however get to writing my novel, which I will post sneak peaks of occasionally. And get to that huge book pile in my room and go to the library a lot. Let's see, I'm also running each day to get ready for cross country, climbing trees, drawing cats and seeing a Jimmy Buffet concert. That should be fun :) And in August, I'm going to the annual Delaware County Fair and seeing the Demolition Derby where cars crush each other, and seeing the cute animals and going on tons of rides. The best last year was the Enterprise or UFO, something like that, with some of its letters chipped off. You got to go inside and it would spin around and around so fast until you could climb the walls. Amazing. The slides with the bags you go down on are cool too, and then there's the Claw. It goes back and forth as you spin in a claw shaped seating area and goes super fast. I was just tall enough last year yesss! I'm a huge roller coaster fanatic haha. I might even go to Six Flags or Bush Gardens. The last time I went to Six Flags, I was too short to go on the Superman. An inch too short. Gosh. But El Toro was great, the fastest ride I've ever been on! It's like in cartoons: your skin gets pulled back and you can barely move. Plus I scream at the top of my lungs, what fun for the people around me. To add on to my roller coaster rant with one more ride, The Griffin at Bush Gardens was terrifying. It was a ten seater, from what I remember, and the ride would go up to the very top and just creak there as we the riders dangled. Then it shot down and water would go flying from down below in the pond since it went by so quickly. Good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment